• Reklama
Największy i najlepszy katalog ślubny w sieci - Ślubnięci.pl

Cole needed 33 pitches to post a scoreless first inning

Protezy stałe czy ruchome? Co, jak, gdzie, kiedy.
Regulamin forum
CZYTAJ: Regulamin serwisu dentoforum.pl
  • Reklama

Cole needed 33 pitches to post a scoreless first inning

Nieprzeczytany postautor: zhangzk » 10 lip 2019, 08:42

HOUSTON — For a third consecutive start on Sunday Foster Moreau Jersey , Houston Astros right-hander Gerrit Cole encountered a stretch where he wrestled with his control, a span of innings that called for his battery mate to help steer him through the rough patch and into smoother waters.

and while he logged a season-low-tying five innings in the Astros’ 11-3 victory over the Kansas City Royals, Cole was effective enough to pick up his ninth victory of the season and produce a line than plenty of pitchers would envy.

Cole allowed only one run, two hits and three walks with eight strikeouts. Despite a challenging start, Cole rebounded and retired the side in order in the third and fifth.

The backstop — Max Stassi caught Cole on Sunday — is responsible for helping the starting pitcher navigate trouble.

Veteran Brian McCann will likely be back behind the plate on Monday when the Astros open a three-game series with the Toronto Blue Jays at Minute Maid Park.

“You’ve got to try and find whatever the correction pitch is Anthony Nelson Jersey ,” Astros manager A.J. Hinch said. “If a guy’s delivery is one way you might find a correction pitch to get him kind of locked in. You have to keep going to the secondary pitches even if he doesn’t have a feel for it until it clicks for him. You’ve got to keep going to the well as much as you can to hopefully where he finds it.

“Whether that’s rhythm or timing of pitches, every pitcher has a key that will get him back in line with his delivery, his arm action, and his execution. You’ve got to find that by how you sequence your pitches along with attacking the hitter. It’s a nice challenge for the catcher.”

Right-hander Justin Verlander (9-2, 1.60 ERA) will start the series opener for the Astros (52-27). Verlander suffered a defeat in his lone start against Toronto last season, allowing three runs Jeffery Simmons Jersey , three hits and three walks with five strikeouts in 5 1/3 innings of a 7-2 setback on July 14 with Detroit.

He is 3-5 with a 4.67 ERA in 12 career starts against the Blue Jays.

Verlander leads the American League in ERA, WHIP (0.78), opponent batting average (.164) and OPS (.506), and is tied for second in innings (107) and ranks fourth with 130 strikeouts.

The Blue Jays will counter with left-hander J.A. Happ (9-3, 3.56 ERA) on Monday. He is 4-2 with a 3.33 ERA in eight career starts against Houston, with whom he spent parts of three seasons (2010-12) and compiled an 18-28 record and 4.84 ERA in 59 starts.

Happ allowed six runs (two earned) Nate Davis Jersey , seven hits and three walks with three strikeouts in four innings of a 19-1 loss to the Astros on July 9 at Rogers Centre.

Happ is 5-0 with a 2.35 ERA and 46 strikeouts in 46 innings during his last seven starts.

Toronto (36-41) split its four-game series with the Los Angeles Angels with a 7-6, 10-inning road win on Sunday. The Blue Jays are 6-6 in their last 12 games and were last above .500 on May 16.

COSTA MESA, Calif. (AP) — Meeting your new boss is always a nervous and stressful situation. It’s not any different for NFL first-round draft picks.Los Angeles Chargers defensive tackle Jerry Tillery had one of those moments during his news conference on Friday. Tillery, who was the 28th overall selection on Thursday, mistakenly referred to coach Anthony Lynn as Lynn Swann.“I told him, he has to make it up to me Tytus Howard Jersey ,” Lynn said. “First of all I’m coach Lynn. You beat Lynn Swann last year.”Swann is the athletic director at USC, which lost to Tillery and Notre Dame the past two seasons. Tillery said the past day has been a little hectic and crazy, but that he was trying to take things in stride.While most potential draft picks choose to celebrate at home, Tillery had his draft party in Maui. It may also be one of the rare times where a draft pick travelling west to east has been from Hawaii to California.“I was fortunate enough to have great connections with the place there to help us do that,” Tillery said. “It was a beautiful place to celebrate the biggest day of my life. It’s just a place that I love. I associate it with happiness.”Lynn said that the 6-foot-7, 305-pound Tillery reminds him of former Denver and Baltimore standout Trevor Pryce because of his size and versatility to play inside Gary Jennings Jr. Jersey , outside and on special teams. Pryce was also the 28th overall selection when he was drafted by the Broncos in 1997.“He’s a big, interior pass rusher with some length,” Lynn said. “We love his upside. He had some games this year where he was pretty much unblockable.”
zhangzk
Weteran

Jestem: Lekarz dentysta
Tytuł / Specjalizacja: hjdaho
Kierunek studiów: never
Rok studiów: Studia ukończone
Miasto uczelni: dsf
Uczelnia: sa dwa
Pracuję: Tak

Reklama