• Reklama
Największy i najlepszy katalog ślubny w sieci - Ślubnięci.pl

http://www.bravesfanproshop.com

Protezy stałe czy ruchome? Co, jak, gdzie, kiedy.
Regulamin forum
CZYTAJ: Regulamin serwisu dentoforum.pl
  • Reklama

http://www.bravesfanproshop.com

Nieprzeczytany postautor: zhangzk » 13 maja 2019, 05:16

Ortiz hooked up Severino with Pedro in 2016 Mike Foltynewicz Jersey , during Big Papi's final season. It was a disappointing year for Severino, who started in the New York rotation, was banished to the bullpen and finished 3-8 with a 5.83 ERA in 22 games (11 starts).Severino was among Pedro's legion of distant admirers. And the admiration was mutual: Martinez, who appreciates good pitching as much as a foodie enjoys an excellent restaurant recommendation, watched Severino on television and in person. Like many others, he couldn't square Severino's 100 mph heat and filthy slider with the poor results."Big Papi 鈥?told me, 'I can see what he's doing. I can see the ball. He's exposing the ball,'" Martinez said. "Big Papi said, 'I want you to help this kid. I've gotten to know him, and he's a good kid.'"One thing led to another. Martinez reached out, and he and Severino agreed to meet in the Dominican during the winter of 2016-17."I told him to be at the stadium at 1 p.m.," Martinez recalled. "And he was there at 11 a.m. because he didn't want to miss the appointment."Having watched Severino closely on video, Martinez decided he could fix some of the things Severino did incorrectly. Pedro told Severino to move his hands closer to his body to conceal the ball longer in his delivery. He was pushing them out too far. Then they went to work on his changeup and other facets of his game."He taught me to hit the [catcher's] glove more, have better command of my fastball and secondary pitches," Severino said.Martinez found his student to be a willing learner. "He was brave enough to take my advice, do what I wanted and maybe without authorization of the Yankees," Martinez said. "Sometimes, you just have to take chances.Luis Severino LuisSeverino94Un placer haber compartido con 45PedroMartinez KEvXD67qwI"I was so concerned with him feeling comfortable, not getting hurt, but we needed to do some work. I said, 'With all due respect to the Yankees, I need to switch you to some things I think can help.'"The two developed a rapport that now reaches into genuine friendship. Who would have guessed that: a Yankee and a Red Sox, after the overheated American League Championship Series battles in 2003 and 2004?"He's a great man," Severino said. "Agreatman. I feel like I can talk with him for hours. Not even about baseball. About everything. If I have an issue http://www.bravesfanproshop.com/authentic-nick-markakis-jersey , I will go to him and he will always have a great answer."In some ways, baseball was merely the icebreaker for the bond that has grown between the two."We keep in touch. His wife and my wife actually have become friends as well. During the offseason, he lives in an area I love, really close to where my mom grew up [in the Dominican]. Everything points toward having a great friendship between the two of us. I love fishing. He loves fishing. That's what we do. We pretty much have the same habits, look out for each other. It is a perfect friendship."Martinez isn't the only player for whom Severino has shown such respect, as Ortiz experienced when he met him.Ortiz had learned of Severino from a friend in the Dominican Republic who lives in the area in which the big right-hander grew up."He told me one day, 'Hey, this kid that's in the minor leagues with the Yankees, he's a Christian kid, he's a homeboy, he comes from a really decent family. He's going to get called up at some point,'" Ortiz recalled.Signed in December 2011 as an international free agent, Severino finally reached the bigs in August 2015. His debut, a start, came against鈥ou guessed it, Boston. He pitched well, holding the Red Sox to one earned run and two hits in five innings before suffering the loss. The one earned run? An Ortiz home run in the fourth.Luis Severinos first meeting with David Ortiz was a memorable one, as the Red Sox slugger hit a home run in a Boston victory.Kathy Willens/Associated Press/Associated Press/Associated PressThat was it for Severino against Boston until '16, and after one of those appearances, the next day the kid approached Ortiz."He said, 'Hi,' really respectful," Ortiz said. "I really appreciated that. Because in baseball, it's like in the military: That respect is always there. That's how it goes."I've had some people criticizing Pedro for doing what he did. If I'm Pedro Brandon McCarthy Jersey , I would do that 100 more times. Because that's how you get the game better."In 2017, his first summer after working with Martinez, Severino posted a breakout season for the Yankees, going 14-6 with a 2.98 ERA over 31 starts. He posted 230 strikeouts against only 51 walks.Severino, 24, earned his second consecutive All-Star nod this year and, after a nifty catch of New York teammate Aaron Judge's home run while warming up in the Nationals Park bullpen in the top of the second, he zipped through a scoreless bottom of the second. Severino surrendered a leadoff double to Matt Kemp then whiffed Bryce Harper, induced a fly ball from Nick Markakis and whiffed Brandon Crawford. It was his second All-Star Game, and against the powerful National League lineup, he had a plan."I feel like everyone's got more than 20 home runs," he said. "So don't throw the fastball. Throw something else."Last year, Severino became just the second American League pitcher since Roger Clemens in 1977 to post an ERA of below 3.00 with 225 or more strikeouts in his age-23 season. Clemens did it in 1986, when he was with鈥oston."He's as good of a man as he is a pitcher," Martinez said. "The last person I referred to like that was Mariano Rivera. 鈥?That's a statement. I know Mariano as a person. Severino is equally as humble and lovable. He's very accountable, very responsible, very hard-working. There are not enough [good] words to say about him."Even the Red Sox, who, ahem, employ Martinez as a special assistant to president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski, understand."They're Dominican, you know?" Boston shortstop Xander Bogaerts said of Severino and Martinez. "He looked up to Pedro when he was younger. He has some of the same stuff Pedro had at that age.Severino led the American League in wins at the All-Star break while ranking in the top 10 in strikeouts and ERA.Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images"Why wouldn't you want to learn from the best? You can't fault him for wanting to go to Pedro for advice."From what he had heard of Martinez, Severino said it seemed natural to work with him."I wasn't surprised," Severino said. "He was helping somebody else. He wasn't looking at me as a rivalry. I'm happy that he did."Always a pitcher/philosopher in his soul http://www.bravesfanproshop.com/authentic-nick-markakis-jersey , anyway, Pedro says he's gotten no pushback."Everybody in the Red Sox organization is very respectful of what I'm doing," he said. "They know me really well, and they know that my heart is big enough to be shared with different players. The thing that makes it unique is, it's when I'm not working. It's my time off."Severino isn't Martinez's only project. Over the past few years, he's also worked with Ervin Santana, Jeurys Familia, Hansel Robles, Edinson Volquez, Rubby De La Rosa and Jose Veras, among others.All of this because he shares a philosophy with Ortiz: Pay it forward."I feel as a former player, as a Hall of Famer, my duty is to make the game better, to pass it along to the next generation," Martinez said. "I'm not going to keep the knowledge within me. Not only is it my duty, but it's a duty for everyone who plays the game."The fact that it's showing up in Severino more than anybody else鈥攜ou can give him all the credit in the world. I only give him suggestions. He's the one who's done it."Scott Miller covers Major League Baseball as a national columnist for Bleacher Report. Follow Scotton Twitterand talk baseball. The Orioles mixed and matched a lot at the catcher position in 2018, but Austin Wynns got a good chunk of playing time as the season wore on."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Commentary & AnalysisOrioles ProspectsOrioles Game RecapsOrioles News and RumorsCamdencastCommentary & AnalysisAustin Wynns worked into the Orioles catching platoon this year and maybe beyondNew,1commentThe Orioles mixed and matched a lot at the catcher position in 2018, but Austin Wynns got a good chunk of playing time as the season wore on.ByHarrison JozwiakOct8, 2018,9:00am EDTShareTweetShareShareAustin Wynns worked into the Orioles catching platoon this year and maybe beyondWendell Cruz-USA TODAY SportsOriginally drafted by the Orioles in the 10th round of the 2013 MLB Draft, catcher Austin Wynns has spent the past five plus years in the minor leagues. He made his major league debut this year at age 27. When he was called up, Wynns was ranked as the Orioles’ 22nd best prospect on MLB Pipeline, as detailed in Tyler Young’s in-season article on the young catcher. Wynns started 2018 in the minor leagues with the Norfolk Tides Jose Ramirez Jersey , batting .230/.288/.345 with four home runs and 16 RBI in 139 at-bats.For a short time, it seemed as though Wynns would pair with veteran Caleb Joseph to start the year as a catching platoon. The right-handed hitting catcher had a good spring training behind the plate and did alright at the plate, but just narrowly missed making the club at the end of March. He hit .222/.391/.556 with a pair of home runs while prepping for the season in Sarasota.But the Orioles went with the more highly touted catching prospect at the time, Chance Sisco, and put him in a platoon with Joseph to start the year. That only lasted about two months into the season. On May 17, the underperforming Joseph was sent down to Norfolk. For whatever reason, Sisco was not given much of a chance, either. He was optioned to Triple-A on June 17. The Orioles didn’t seem to know what to do at the catcher position, opting to shuffle guys around quite frequently. No one at the catcher position was hitting for the team early in the season, and by calling up Wynns, the Orioles placed a priority on defense. A semi-regular on the Norfolk shuttle this year, Wynns was recalled from Triple-A on June 5 and spent 23 days with the big league club before being optioned back to Norfolk on June 28. He was recalled to the O’s again on July 14, this time for good.For the last two months of the season, Wynns played nearly half of the time — 29 out of 56 games. With Sisco toiling away in the minors or mostly on the bench when he was in the majors, Wynns paired with Joseph to handle the majority of the catching duties.In 41 games, Wynns threw out 7-of-22 base stealers, good for a 32% caught stealing percentage. For comparison, Joseph had a 33% CS in 79 games and Sisco had a 31% CS in 51 games.Wynns ended the season with 110 major league at-bats, during which time he slashed .255/.287/.382 with four home runs and 11 RBI. His career minor league batting line is .266/.332/.367.His season slash line still leaves something to be desired, but that is not Wynns’ profile. He is more known as a game manager and defensive catcher. And he seemed to gain the trust of fellow players and coaches alike as the season went on. Wynns really solidified himself as a dependable player this year. He drew some high praise from a starting pitcher and his now former manager, shown in this Pressbox Online article from late August. Buck Showalter had the following to say about Wynns in the aforementioned article:Starting pitcher Alex Cobb said the following about Wynns in the same article:Wynns seems like the kind of guy who has earned a spot going forward on this rebuilding club. He has shown the ability to work well with pitchers and handle the little things behind the plate that matter most at the position. He may not hit that much, but that comes secondary to the skills just mentioned.He may be a bit exposed as the sole full-time catcher, but the Orioles could pair him again with Joseph or Sisco and have another platoon at the position. It will be ever so important in these times to have a steady hand behind the plate to bring along the next crop of young pitchers who will the pace the Orioles for the coming years.
zhangzk
Dociekliwy

Jestem: Lekarz dentysta
Tytuł / Specjalizacja: hjdaho
Kierunek studiów: never
Rok studiów: Studia ukończone
Miasto uczelni: dsf
Uczelnia: sa dwa
Pracuję: Tak

Reklama

Wróć do Protetyka i implanty